Strength & Ease Psychotherapy was founded in 2018 by Rebecca Tedford. Rebecca believes every individual comes with his/her/their own unique experiences and needs, and created a practice to help adults and couples heal from painful experiences and feel empowered to live healthy lives. We utilize an eclectic set of modalities tailored to each person or couple, focused on building inner resilience, reducing anxiety and depression, and improving relationships. The therapeutic work is informed by the connection between emotion, and how it informs thoughts about ourselves and others, and our behavior. Therapy is interactive, relational, experiential, and down to earth.
Rebecca Tedford, LCSW, PMH-C
Founder and Director of Strength & Ease Psychotherapy
Rebecca approaches her work with a strong foundation in the science of attachment and has extensive experience in crisis intervention and trauma-informed care, including EMDR for trauma and anxiety. She also has advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples and is working towards EFT certification. In her work with couples, Rebecca is attuned to and tends to the needs of the relationship while helping each partner learn how to reach and turn toward each other. She also has a certification in perinatal mental health, informing her support of individuals across the fertility and postpartum spectrum. She believes safe, secure relationships are the most healing across the lifespan. Her style is inviting, safe, and relational, with a sprinkle of irreverence.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (VA license #0904009997)
- Perinatal Mental Health Certified – Postpartum Support International
- Advanced training in and lifetime member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) for trauma-informed care
- Masters of Social Work – New York University
- Bachelor of Art in Psychology and Spanish – Drew University
To schedule an appointment with Rebecca, call 434.218.2634 or email email@example.com